There is a new Sheriff in Town!!! Know the Laws that guide your Land and Building Development
With the new administration in town, here are some extracts from the Planning law that you need to know so as not to fall victim.
1. Always ensure that you did not build in committed Government acquired land.
2. Ensure that you obtain your Planning Permit before embarking on construction.
3. Build according to the plan you obtained.e.g it is illegal to obtain Planning Permit for 2 floors building and develop 3 floors building or obtain a Planning Permit for a residential and develop commercial.
4. Engage the service of professional during construction.
5. The owner of any collapsed site will be prosecuted and the land would be confiscated by the Government.
6. All risk insurance policy must be obtained to protect men on the site as well as the surrounding buildings for any development above 2 floors.
7. Don’t build on any right of way of the followings Roads, Canals, Pipelines, Waterways, High Tension line etc
8. Observe the necessary Setback and Air spaces.
To be continued